I started using this balm-in-gel moisturizer when I was suffering from clogged pores, breakouts and a mix of dry and oily patches. I stopped using it after just a few times because it worsened my skin condition. Now that my skin is back to normal, about 6 months later, I gave the gel another try and this is what I’ve concluded so far.
Not good for
- Dry areas – instead of sinking into my skin it just stays on like a shiny layer throughout the day.
- Broken skin/spot prone skin – instead of calming my skin down my spots become inflamed and more apparent.
- Clogged pores – the shine effect it gives to my skin makes my pores more visible.
- Healed skin, neither oily or dry – when my skin isn’t too dry or too oily the gel sinks in quite quickly and leaves a silky finish. My skin looks hydrated for the rest of the day.
- Sunny days – it keeps my skin hydrated after spending a few hours in the sun.
Consistency & Scent
At first this balm-in-gel cream feels like a gel but once you apply it to your skin it turns into a oily texture. This transformation fooled me many times into applying more than I needed. Once it turns into oil it’s very easy to distribute. I recommend to warm it up on your fingers before applying it to your face and start off by taking less than you think you need. It has a mild fresh scent.
If you have normal/dry skin I would NOT recommend this gel as a makeup base simply because applying makeup on a oily layer will not make it stay in place. However, if your skin tends to absorb oil easily then perhaps this gel might work good as a makeup base for you.
Summary & Verdict
I would not buy this product again simply because I don’t want a product that can worsen my skin condition whenever my skin changes. Price wise, I think it’s an affordable product and that it does what it says provided that you have the right skin type for it. Have you had a different experience with the Biotherm Aquasource Cocoon Balm-In-Gel moisturizer? Maybe you’ve tried any other product from the Biotherm Aquasource product line? If you have, let me know down below!